Monday, January 19, 2015

Your Present Plans will be Successful

Let me start by saying something: I hate writing first posts for new blogs. It's always awkward for me: do I introduce myself or do I just jump right in as if I've been doing this forever? Either way I choose, I feel like I'm missing something and that first post always feels forced. Every once in a great while, though, the right idea just falls into my hands.


I've been struggling lately with what it is I want to do with my life. Nothing feels right, nothing seems perfect. Every time I think of something, I come up with a thousand reasons why it isn't a good idea or why it won't work. Currently, my biggest question pertains to my Etsy shop: Do I want to try to make it a full-time business?

Of course I do. I have always wanted to do two things. I have always wanted to own a farm, and I have always wanted to own my own business. Those two things could easily go hand in hand if only I could accomplish the first. The latter is much more doable in my present situation, and something I should be trying to accomplish.

Despite knowing this, I was still overthinking and overanalyzing it. I knew what my heart wanted, but my head was holding me back. The logical portion of my brain was thinking too much about the whole thing. Sometimes, all that part of my psyche needs is a little push in one direction, a little nudge, a little bit of encouragement that I am doing the right thing.

Sometimes, that nudge comes from a fortune cookie. "Your present plans will be successful." So here I go, pursuing one dream at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment